Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Victory At Sea "Carousel"

Here's a fun fact regarding this band but really doesn't have much to do with this band: I met Rye via the totally sweet makeoutclub website nearly a decade ago over our common love for this band. Internet indie rock geeks unite? Shut up.

I used to work with their bass player Mel. He was awesome.

This may be the most depressing record I own next to GY!BE records. This was originally put out on the Dischord imprint label Slowdime, but re-pressed by Kimchee Records shortly after Slowdime had folded. Listen to "The Blizzard of '78". My favorite track on the album. This is recommended listening for somber rainy/snowy days for sure. I used to ride the trains in Boston during snow storms listening to this record. Way awesome.

P.S. This was put on megaupload instead of mediafire because I'm not giving mediafire one red cent of my money and it was too big to host there on their free plan.

Danny Lilker.

No comments: