Thursday, February 19, 2009

Al Green - Definitive Greatest Hits, The

I am off to Florida for 9 days tomorrow.
I bid you dudes farewell and happy downloading.



An expanded version of Al Green's beloved GREATEST HITS (which was already bolstered from 10 tracks to 15 in 1995), this 21-song collection features all the tunes from the earlier editions, including his biggest singles--among them, the supremely romantic "Let's Stay Together" and the beautifully weary "Tired of Being Alone." The real draws of 2007's DEFINITIVE GREATEST HITS are the additions of the plaintive "Back Up Train," which finds the legendary soul singer in his formative late-'60s period, and the gently funky "I Can't Stop," from Green's triumphant 2003 return-to-secular-form album of the same name. Although some fans may bristle at yet another tweaking of this top-notch compilation, DEFINITIVE succeeds at painting a bigger picture of Green's impressive career.

Recording information: 1967 - 2004


1. Let's Stay Together
2. Tired Of Being Alone
3. Take Me To The River
4. I'm Still In Love With You
5. Look What You Done For Me
6. Here I Am (Come & Take Me)
7. Love & Happiness
8. Keep Me Cryin'
9. Call Me (Come Back Home)
10. Livin' For You
11. Let's Get Married
12. Sha-La-La (Make Me Happy)
13. L-O-V-E (Love)
14. You Ought To Be With Me
15. Oh Me, Oh My (Dreams In My Arms)
16. Full Of Fire
17. Back Up Train - (with The Soul Mates)
18. I Can't Get Next To You
19. Belle
20. I Can't Stop
21. Perfect To Me


PART I & PART II

1 comment:

Aaron said...

LETS STAY TOGETTTTTHHHHHHEERRRR


WHETHER TIMES ARE GOOD BAD HAPPY OR SAAADDD

Thats my shit