Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Freewill "Almost Again"

I don't know a whole lot about Freewill as a band. I found out about them a year or so ago on the Dag Nasty website, Daghouse.com. I know they're from Southern California, and gigged around the SoCal area from 1988, up until their breakup. I would tell you when that was, but any info on this band is hard to come by, it seems. The band is basically an even more melodic, West Coast version of Dag Nasty. I don't know how Dischord missed out on putting this out, to be honest.

Originally, this was supposed to be released on Wishingwell Records as an LP. For whatever reason, while plates, and I believe even test pressings were made, the record never saw the light of day. Somewhere along the line, German label Lost & Found records acquired and bootlegged the album on CD. With Lost & Found being based in Germany, they don't have the best distro, so even on CD this is still a difficult find.

A great release for any melodic hardcore fan, especially fans of Dag Nasty who will probably love this. "Disappear Here" is the standout track on here, without a doubt.

Download

No comments: